Check out this great article in our local newspaper highlighting some of the wonders to be found at Seven Ponds!
YES, SEVEN PONDS IS OPEN! (mostly)
In order to help ensure the health and safety of all our visitors and staff, we have put into place the following provisions:
- Please check in at the front desk (ring bell if nobody is present).
- A limited number of people (10) will be permitted in the building at one time for restroom use and shopping in our Rookery Gift Shop.
- The rest of the buidling, including the Discovery Room, water refill station, etc., will remain closed to the public at this time.
- Masks are required for entry into the building.
- The Miller Pond Boardwalk is open for one-way traffic only (clockwise) and signed accordingly.
- Trails and visitor center (limited) open to the public Tuesday through Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. $3 per adult and child 12 and over. Closed Mondays.
- Trails are open to our members dawn to dusk, every day of the week, no additional charge.
- As always, no dogs and no bikes on the trails, as Seven Ponds is a nature sanctuary for native wildlife.
NOTE: drinking fountain and water refill station are NOT accessible at this time. Be sure to bring your own drinking water.
2020 Special Gifts Campaign
Dear Friends of Seven Ponds,
I hope that this letter finds you well during this year of unprecedented challenges. Little did we know when the year started how our world would be upended and the changes we would face in every aspect of our lives!
Seven Ponds Nature Center has had its challenges, too. In addition to being closed for nearly three months, the staff has had to work in new and creative ways to ensure the trails and facilities are open to the public and to design new and different ways to carry out our education mission, working with schools who are themselves struggling to implement new teaching methods. The staff has done a fabulous job to adapt our programs to new requirements during a time when the health benefits of communing with nature have never been more appreciated.
As you may know, we have decided to cancel our 2020 Holiday Auction. This will be the second major fundraiser, besides several smaller events, that have had to be cancelled because of the pandemic. As a result we must rely more than ever on the Special Gifts Campaign to fill the gap between membership dues and fees and the cost of running our programs and maintaining our grounds. Your membership fees and contributions have helped significantly to ensure we are able to fulfill the demands for our services this year, but there is still a significant gap to be filled to ensure we are positioned to face the uncertainty of 2021.
We hope that you will be able to make a generous contribution this year and, as always, all gifts are very much appreciated. You may make your contribution by credit card by using the donation link below. If you would like to make a non-monetary contribution, please contact the Nature Center at 810-796-3200. Better yet, come to the Nature Center in person and enjoy a natural boost to your physical and mental well-being.
Wishing you and your loved ones a wonderful and healthy holiday season.
Nancy Buck, Chairperson, Seven Ponds Nature Center Board of Directors