Check out this great article in our local newspaper highlighting some of the wonders to be found at Seven Ponds!
YES, SEVEN PONDS IS OPEN!
In order to help ensure the health and safety of all our visitors and staff, we have put into place the following provisions:
- Please check in at the front desk (ring bell if nobody is present).
- A limited number of people (25) will be permitted in the building at one time for restroom use, shopping in our Rookery Gift Shop, or enjoying the Discovery Room (limit 10 at one time).
- Masks or face coverings are required for entry into the building.
- The Miller Pond Boardwalk is open for one-way traffic only (clockwise) and signed accordingly.
- Trails and visitor center open to the public Tuesday through Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. $3 per adult and child 12 and over. Closed Mondays.
- Trails are open to our members dawn to dusk, every day of the week, no additional charge.
- As always, no dogs and no bikes on the trails, as Seven Ponds is a nature sanctuary for native wildlife.
WINTER WARNING: Thin ice! Please stay off the ice at the nature center. Our glacial lakes are deep, with water moving through the channels that connect the lakes, resulting in dangerously thin ice in some places. During our WinterFest we only permit visitors on the ice when and where we are absolutely certain it is safe. On the various small ponds throughout our grounds, getting onto the ice means venturing off the trail - which is not permitted. We want everybody to have a fun and safe visit to the nature center. Thank you!
Spring programs are posted, including naturalist-led walks, bird walks, workshops, classes, family programs, senior programs, Knee-High Naturalists, Nature Study Series for Homeschoolers, EcoDay & Native Plant Sale, Camp Seven Ponds (June & July).
Most programs have size limits. Online registration will begin Monday, March 1, 2021.