Make the most of your visit to Seven Ponds
Hours of Operation
The interpretive building is open Tuesday through Sunday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (closed Thanksgiving Thursday & Friday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day). Trails are open to members dawn to dusk, every day of the year. Non-members may enjoy the trails during normal business hours.
Admission for members and children 12 and under is free. Admission for non-members is $3.
Check in at the front desk when you arrive. Enjoy a number of exhibits and special features during your visit.
- The Discovery Room is full of wonderful opportunities to explore nature indoors, including a Touch Table with dozens of objects from nature for children and adults to handle.
- The Critter Corner houses several species native to Michigan, including reptiles, amphibians, and fish.
- The Nature Nook is a special place of exploration for very young children, with everything sized just for them.
- The beaver lodge allows children to explore a beaver lodge - inside and out!
- An observation bee hive provides close inspection of the activity in a bee hive. Can you find the queen bee?
- The Hall of Michigan Birds includes over 150 specimens, nest and egg displays, and a collection of antique duck decoys.
- Two bird feeding stations provide close viewing of a wide variety of birds and other wildlife.
- The Bee Naish Memorial Library contains an extensive collection of natural history books and periodicals. Book are available for check-out by our members.
- The Bee Hive Children's Library is a comfortable, welcoming environment for young readers and their parents to enjoy our wide range of children's nature literature.
On the Trails
Seven Ponds Nature Center is a very special place. It is a nature sanctuary, providing habitat for a wide variety of living things. All native plants, animals, and fungi are protected. The nature center also serves as a peaceful retreat for its visitors.
While on the trail, please adhere to the following rules:
- Stay on the trail - leaving the trail damages plants, disturbs animals, and destroys habitat.
- No collecting - picking or collecting plants and mushrooms is prohibited. Leave everything as you found it for others to enjoy.
- Pets, horses, smoking, bikes, and motorized vehicles are not permitted on the trails.
- Hunting, fishing, and trapping are not allowed.
For more information about our trails and other outdoors features, check out our Trail Reports page.
Rookery Gift Shop
The nature center's Rookery Gift Shop is open during normal business hours and some special events. The shop has a wide selection of unique items, including apparel, jewelry, toys, books, and locally-sourced products. All proceeds directly benefit Seven Ponds. Members receive a 10% discount on most items.
Bird Seed and Bird Feeding Supplies
The nature center stocks high quality bird seed available for purchase. Black oil sunflower, Seven Ponds Mix, and nyjer seed (thistle) for finches are all in stock. Additionally, the Rookery Gift Shop offers a wide range of bird feeders, bird houses, and other supplies for your backyard feeding station.
Restrooms are available indoors during regular business hours and are located at both ends of the building.
Find us on Google Maps by searching Seven Ponds Nature Center.