Programs for School Children and Educators
All groups must make prior arrangements with the nature center before coming. Early scheduling is recommended due to the great demand for programs and may be done up to a year in advance.
- Dress for the weather and natural setting. The desire to learn rapidly fades when children are cold or wet.
- Sack lunches may be eaten in the picnic area. We have no indoor eating facilities.
- Groups have access to the trails only under the supervision of a naturalist.
- Seven Ponds is a nature sanctuary-collecting plants and animals is not permitted.
- When scheduling a program let us know about children with special needs-physical, emotional or learning. This allows us to make the appropriate arrangements prior to your arrival.
- The bookstore also carries a wide selection of nature oriented materials appropriate for students to buy as gifts and souvenirs.
Borrow a Teacher Kit
Teacher kits are hands-on, multi-media packages (including specimens) which help present interesting lessons to get students thinking about the natural world they depend on. Three kits are currently available:
- Owls of Michigan
- Hawks of Michigan
- Bird Nests
Teacher kits can be borrowed for two weeks. Fee: $10.00 per kit.